Update on IAOC appointment by the IESG

Previously, the IESG sent an announcement about filling the seat on the IAOC that the IESG is responsible for filling every other year. The announcement indicated that the IESG had now completed the process and selected John Levine as the new IAOC member. Unfortunately we failed to review all the obligations of the position with our appointee and after learning more about those obligations he has reluctantly concluded that he cannot accept the appointment. My sincere apologies to John and other candidates for this mistake.

New members do not get seated until the March IETF. Fortunately, we had several very strong candidates, so the IESG plans to continue the selection process as if no decision had yet been made. Please stay tuned for further information.

Jari Arkko for the IESG