Re: you can lead a horse to water, was Revision to Note Well

>This is a healthy discussion.  However, if you really care about these
>issues (i.e., what constitutes "participation" in an IETF discussion for
>purposes of triggering an IPR disclosure) then debating it in the context
>of the "Note Well" language is, to put it mildly, a waste of time.  The
>actual "rules" that govern this issue are contained in BCP79, ...

I leared a long time ago that it is futile to try to make people pay
attention when they don't want to.  (Any parent of a teenager or of a
toddler can confirm this.)  So I don't see much point in a notice
beyond something like this:

		       This is an IETF meeting.

     The rules you agreed to when you registered, including those
      about conduct and about intellectual property apply here.

R's,
John