Re: Last Call: <draft-housley-number-registries-02.txt> (Internet Numbers Registries) to Informational RFC

Thomas:

> Overall, this document looks good. But a couple of suggestions.
>
> As a general comment, I think the document should include a reference
> wherever it states what a policy is (as defined elswhere).
>
>>   Reservations of special-purpose AS Numbers are made through Internet
>>   Standards actions.
>
> Citation of where that policy is defined?

I have updated the document; it will be posted as -03.  It now uses "IETF Review" throughout.

> But then later, the document says::
>
>> 3.  IANA Considerations
>>
>>   "IETF Review" as defined in [RFC5226] is required to reserve special-
>>   purpose AS numbers, IPv4 addresses, or IPv6 addresses.  Reserved AS
>>   numbers, IPv4 addresses, or IPv6 addresses may be designated to
>>   support testing, IETF experimental activities, or other special uses
>>   (e.g., anycast).  These reservations are recorded in the relevant
>
> which contradicts the previous statement.
>
> Also, would be good to cite all the individual RFCs when restating
> what the policy is for each registries listed above.

I have reworked this as suggested by David Conrad.  It now points to the existing IANA registry, which already requires "IETF Review" for additions.

>>   Reservation of special-purpose IPv4 addresses are made through
>>   Internet Standards actions.  Reserved IPv4 unicast addresses are
>>   registered in the Special Purpose IP address registries [RFC6890].
>
> Citation for first sentence?

I have reworked this as suggested by David Conrad.  It now points to the existing IANA registry, which already requires "IETF Review" for additions.

>>   The vast bulk of the IPv6 address space (approximately 7/8ths of the
>>   whole address space) is reserved by the IETF, with the expectation
>
> For first sentence, cite where that reservation/delegation was made
> (i.e., RFC 3513).

Okay.

Russ