Re: Last Call: <draft-farrell-perpass-attack-02.txt> (Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack) to Best Current Practice

On 02/01/2014 16:27, Dave Crocker wrote:
> On 1/1/2014 7:11 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
>> We used to routinely handwave about security.   We've gotten better
>> about that.   RFC3552 is why.
>

> No it's not.
>
> It's useful, but had nothing at all to do with the strategic change.
> That came much earlier and was the result of policy changes in IESG
> requirements on specs.

Yes. As I mentioned in Vancouver, it was RFC 2316 that stated an aspiration
and RFC 3365 that set technical requirements (whereas 3352 set writing
requirements; I should have mentioned that too). Surely the present draft
is only trying to state the aspiration - there's a lot more work to do before
the rest is ready to publish.

    Brian