Re: WG Chair as author of WG document

On 20 Dec 2013, at 15:45, Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But when I did chair a working group there were often times when it would be far easier to write the damn document myself than get someone else to do it.

This.

Now there still is a point in investing a little more work to get others to do the work:
More eyeballs see more issues, adding to the gene pool etc.

But there is a limit to how far this takes, and a policy that entirely forbids WG chairs from generating documents will just make sure that people competent in the subject can no longer be WG chairs.

Grüße, Carsten

PS.: And, as always in the IETF, every WG is different; what works well for, say, DICE may not be the right thing for, say, TLS.