Re: Matthew's Objections: was Re: [rtcweb] Straw Poll on Video Codec Alternatives

Hi Matthew,

> The Area Director is already copied and I would like this message
> considered as escalation of my previous objection and request to
> suspend the poll.

there have been many emails around this topic. I assume you refer to the
fact that the WG should stop spending time on discussing video codecs
shortly and spend all its time on other chartered items instead.

Actually, I agree with that and I told the chairs so after our last
meeting in Vancouver. That is why the chairs are driving this issue to
its conclusion. The idea is to get consensus on whatever the WG can get
consensus on at this point (e.g., a particular codec as MTI, to
implement at least one of two codecs, no MTI at all, or any of the other
options being considered) and move on.

Cheers,

Gonzalo