RE: gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp-04

Hi Roni,

Thank you for the review. Please see reply in line.

Lizhong

From: Roni Even [mailto:ron.even.tlv@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 2013
129 2:15
To: draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp.all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ietf@xxxxxxxx; gen-art@xxxxxxxx
Subject: gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp-04

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-mpls-mldp-hsmp-04

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2013?12-8

IETF LC End Date: 2013-12?10

IESG Telechat date:

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1.  In section 3.1 last paragraph  If the peer has not advertised the corresponding capability, then label messages using the HSMP FEC Element SHOULD NOT be sent to the  peer. “. Why use a SHOULD NOT and not MUSR NOT

[Lizhong] I follow the description in RFC6388 section 2.1. But let me try to explain. There may exist some rare cases that the peer does not have the capability negotiation function, but still support HSMP. This could only happen if the node has pre-knowledge of the peer’s HSMP capability. In that case, label message could be sent to the peer.

To Ice, if you have any opinion, please comment.

Nits/editorial comments:

  1. In section 2 for PTP IEEE1588 need a reference. There is a reference in the reference section but it is not used. Also the tictoc reference is not used.

[Lizhong] thank you. Will fix in next version.