Re: IPv6 deployment [was Re: Recent Internet governance events]

--On Friday, November 22, 2013 00:54 -0800 joel jaeggli
<joelja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's not unreasonable to expect more failure than success as
> part of the human enterprise. If anything the structure of
> incentives around IETF activities tend (imho) to cause  us to
> spend more time dwelling on the failures, the things that
> turned out to be a bad idea, and so forth then simply moving
> on.

I had hoped that the next paragraph of your note would explain
what "simply moving on" would mean for this particular case, but
the note seems to have ended before you got to that paragraph.
For example, from my perspective, CGNs look at lot more like
"IPv4 forever" (and the end for even reinterpreted end-to-end
services) than they do like a reasonably-short-term IPv6
transition strategy.  Is that "moving on"?

    john