Re: Anti-harassment policy and ombudsperson

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
FWIW, I largely agree with Dave.  I think the motives here are
entirely appropriate, but the IESG's handing down dicta is
questionable -- and could be quite problematic if a situation
appeared to justify sanctions rather than just education.

I have a related question: Is the IESG the right body to be making these sorts of declarations in the first place?  It seems to me that an engineering steering group is a bit outside of its jurisdiction to be establishing what amount to human resources positions.  The analogy to the corporate environment, i.e., technical managers and team leads, would certainly be the wrong body to be taking on the creation of a higher-level HR function.

Shouldn't this be coming from one of the operational bodies higher up?

-MSK