Re: RFC2119 keywords in registration requirements

>http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/Draft2119BoilerplateSuggestions
>
>I'd be curious to hear reactions, bearing in mind that this is _not_ an IESG statement, at least at the moment.

Ugh.  Please say that in documents that reference 2119, the words have
the magic meaning when capitalized, and authors should* refrain from
using them uncapitalized anywhere else, to avoid confusion.  I've done
this for a while, and it's not very hard.

With respect to the original question, understanding that the horse is
now three or four counties away, I'd find it useful to use 2119 words
to describe things that readers implement, so that they will
interoperate with things that other readers have implemented.

For situations where you have to provide X, Y, and Z to register a
foo, that's different, since it won't fail by not interoperating,
it'll fail by the registry sending it back and asking for the missing
pieces.

R's,
John

* - this message does not reference 2119