Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-24.txt> (Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Message Syntax and Routing) to Proposed Standard

Hi Julian,
At 14:06 27-10-2013, Julian Reschke wrote:
I have no preference here and will await what the IESG will say :-)

Ok. :-)

Our charter has prohibited us from adding new things to the protocol. There are many things (methods, status codes, header fields) that we *could* add, but in the end, that's why we have registries.

I am okay with the above comment about the protocol. I commented about the registries in another message. Some of the registries might have to be updated. In my opinion the charter would not prohibit registration updates.

I believe that keeping new things in separate specs encourages people to use the registries instead of relying on a specific set of documents to provide the complete picture (today this already is a problem - people believing that things not described on 2616 are not "pure" HTTP).

I suggest using the same STD for the set of documents. It might lessen the above problem over time.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy