Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-httpbis-authscheme-registrations-08.txt>(Initial Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) AuthenticationScheme Registrations) to Informational RFC

On 2013-10-25 18:59, Martin Thomson wrote:
On 25 October 2013 01:54, t.p. <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I see that we have been granted a fortnight to review eight,
inter-related, httpbis I-Ds, comprising over 300 pages, ending in the
course of IETF88 and in the run-up to a meeting when everyone comes out
of aestivation and the mailing lists are inundated.

It's not like this work hasn't been in progress for about a decade
already.  Though I do recall discussing a 4 week LC period at the last
meeting.  Barry?

My experience is that longer last call periods usually do not generate more review, but just later review.

That being said, the timing indeed isn't optimal. On the other hand, it would be *really* good if we actually could discuss LC issues while in Vancouver.

So print the drafts (from the the HTML versions at <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/#wg-httpbis>), and have a look at them on your trip to Vancouver...

Best regards, Julian