Re: Last Call: Adding a fragment identifier to the text/csv media type(see <draft-hausenblas-csv-fragment-06.txt>)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Leiba" <barryleiba@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "t.p." <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "IETF discussion list" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 4:31 PM

> > I find the security considerations in this registration rather weak.
> > What might have sufficed in 2005 seems to me inadequate for 2013.  I
> > would expect a clearer statement of what are or are not considered
> > threats or attacks and what mitigations there then are for them.
>
> Tom, do you have specific suggestions for the authors in this regard.

Looking at an unrelated media/type RFC, it starts with
The main security considerations for the ....
   payload format defined within this memo are confidentiality,
   integrity, and source authenticity.
which is the sort of beginning I expect a Security Considerations to
have in 2013, then going on to say which are relevant here and
how they might be mitigated - CMS, IPsec, TLS; or not as the case
may be.

I see this type as one for database data and so requiring more
careful consideration than, eg, text/plain, as used for messages
like this one.

Tom Petch