Re: BOF posters in the welcome reception

On 26 Jul 2013, at 07:36, Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/24/13, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> --On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 09:22 +0300 IETF Chair
>> <chair@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I wanted to let you know about an experiment we are trying out
>>> in Berlin.
>>> But we want as many people as possible to become involved in
>>> these efforts, or at least provide their feedback during the
>>> week. So we have given an opportunity for the BOFs to display
>>> a poster in the Welcome Reception (Sunday 5pm to 7pm). If you
>>> are attending the reception, take a look at the posters and
>>> look for topics that interest you.
>
> What about each poster state which WG/RFCs it is mostly
> depending-on/related (if applicable), this can make an easier way to
> know if I am interested or should be interested.

The poster deadline passed some time ago. The easiest way to decide if you're interested though is to read the poster, assuming it is well-written :)

The conference-style poster idea came up quite late this year. It's a good idea, and is hopefully something that can be improved for IETF88 and beyond.  I suspect the idea arose from IETF87 having an unusually high number of BOFs.

Tim