Re: Internationalization and draft-ietf-abfab-eapapplicability

    Stephen> Hi Bernard, Patrik,

    Stephen> Thanks for the comment. Checking that out now and will get
    Stephen> back.

Bernard, thanks for the comment.  I expected to feel really frustrated
at how late the comment was sent but after reading your message I agree
it was appropriate to send at this stage (although sooner is always
better).

I think assuming that 4282bis has reached consensus on
internationalization is wildly wishful thinking at this stage.  I
continue to be dubious that the right parties are involved in the
discussion and even if we have consensus in radext expect significant
discussion at ietf last call, appsdir review and IESG review.

However, I absolutely agree that if an application is going to use EAP
it needs to  follow EAP's i18n conventions whatever those may be.  A
rrequirement on anti-causal investigation for current implementation
efforts has never stopped us before.
I also agree the current document does not speak to this.

My recommendation is that we point out the issue.  And say that strings
used within a specific EAP method MUST follow the rules for that method.
If AAA is used, strings used within AAA MUST follow the rules for the
AAA protocol in use.  We can add an informative citation to 4282bis as a
snapshot of current thinking.

I would not support a normative reference to 4282bis.