Re: IAB Statement on Dotless Domains

On 7/13/13 12:27 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>     > From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>     > FWIW, I think for most larger companies with multi-billion dollar
>     > revenues streams it is less about the up-front fees to apply &
>     > operationalize a gTLD than the long term business potential.
>
> I guess I'm missing something. How exactly is having a gTLD going to bring in
> the Big Bucks? Do people actually type addresses into the address bars on
> their browsers any more, or do they just type what they're looking for into
> the search bar?
>
> 	Noel
    Not even using a search bar anymore. Some browsers do a search
whilst you are writing the hostname that you want to access. So for
facebook I just normally type "fac", twitter "twi" and it autocompletes.
For Google and wikipedia I do not even try to go to their web page. For
a search (google) I just type what I am looking for and that is all, for
wikipedia I do the same and 95% of the times the first search result is
the link to them.

Regards,
as