Re: IAB Statement on Dotless Domains

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone who tried to
monetize per-device would have had competition from people who only charged
based on their actual costs.

So not deploying NAT would somehow magically cause a second broadband provider to unroll a fiber optic cable to my house?

There was no competition in broadband in my city until Verizon unrolled FiOS just over a year ago and so your economic theory fails completely as far as I am concerned. For competition to change behavior there has to be an open market and the US Internet market has very little of that.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/