Fwd: Doug Engelbart

From: Christina Engelbart <christina.engelbart@xxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:christina.engelbart@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:31 AM
Subject: update on my father

Very sorry to inform my father passed away in his sleep peacefully at
home last night. His health had been deteriorating of late, and took
turn for worse on the weekend. I will circle back around soon, for now
just wanted to give you all advance notice and look forward to
discussing your thoughts as I am a bit fuzzy at present.

Besides the considerable technical contributions of Doug's project at SRI, theirs was a group that did much to create the open and collaborative tone of the Internet that we've come to consider as automatic and natural, but were unusual in those days.

As a junior staffer responsible for documentation at the UCLA Arpanet project, I used the SRI-ARC NLS system tools over the net. Partly for the capabilities, but partly because it was always a cool group to interact with.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking