Re: Accessibility of IETF Remote Participation Services

    iaoc-rps> As noted in Section 4 of the IETF Chair message, the IETF is
    iaoc-rps> currently soliciting suggestions for improvements in its RPS
    iaoc-rps> capabilities.   As part of that, the IETF would like to solicit
    iaoc-rps> feedback on the accessibility and usability of remote
    iaoc-rps> participation services by IETF participants with disabilities.
    iaoc-rps> If you would like to comment on

I am unclear about the question.  (I don't think AB read it through at all)

I believe that you are asking about people with disabilities such as physical
(eyes, hands, ears,) and mental (learning, dyslexia, etc.), but the subject
talks about accessibility.  They aren't exactly the same thing.

Sometimes a web site is "accessible" if it "works with any browser" rather
than IE5 in 1024x768.
Is not being willing to run unstable browser plugins a "disability"?
(or being unwilling to run an unstable operating system to run a less stable
browser...)

You have mentioned webex (which comes from a single vendor) and meetecho
(which unifies a number of IETF standards into one place) as well as the
underlying technologies.  Are you asking for *accessibility* issues with
webex (it breaks regularly for me, audio has never, ever, worked), or are you
asking about usability issues that people have with it?
I know two really smart people that never figured out how to find the
chat window on webex, or who muted themselves and were unable to unmute -- I
know that there is lots of undiagnostic austistic-spectrum people in our
community.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works