Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

On Jun 27, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why not just say directly that 'to prevent "capture", no more than X% of
> the NomCom may work for a single organization' (where X is 15% or so, so
> that even if a couple collude, they still can't get control).

There are already controls for that, but folks who engage in games such as
this generally make use of consultants/proxies/etc. which are not at all
apparent.  I'm not citing this as a huge risk, but one which could occur
if the in-person requirement drops to a single meeting. (i.e. due to the
large pool of remote participants that one could enlist and fund a single
on-site attendance if the goal was to seat an particular IAB or IESG member.)

FYI,
/John

Disclaimers: My views alone (& not part of any group seeking NomCom capture... :-)