Re: Last Call: <draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-03.txt> (Resource Records for EUI-48 and EUI-64 Addresses in the DNS) to Proposed Standard

> I am told that draft has been revved again in response to discussion on
> the list.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-05
>
> Please direct your attention to the security considerations section. If
> it turns out that informational documentation of the two RR-Type
> assignments remains controversial, I will likely withdraw my sponsorship
> of this draft.

the addition of

    This document recommends that EUI-48 or EUI-64 addresses SHOULD NOT
    be published in the public DNS.

alleviates my worst fears.  though i wish it was a MUST NOT, i will not
insist.

thanks joe and joel.

randy