Re: Content-free Last Call comments

Without agreeing with or disagreeing with Pete, I'll point out that Pete was talking about IETF last call.  It's perfectly reasonable for a WG participant who has been actively involved to say, "This one is ready.  Ship it," and Pete isn't saying otherwise.  In that case there is context that helps.

Barry

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013, Randy Presuhn wrote:
Hi -

> [...]

As a former WG chair who's had to deal with some very rough
consensus calls...

Not "counting" a "+1" is more consistent with a classical definition
of consensus.  But, particularly at a WG level (less so, perhaps,
at the IETF level) "+1" is very helpful in determining whether
the previously mentioned "Abilene Paradox" should be of concern.

Randy