Re: Content-free Last Call comments

On Jun 10, 2013, at 7:21 PM, SM <sm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I agree that one-line statements are not of much use.  It's more tedious to write a statement to support a proposal than an objection to it.  Non-silent Last Calls usually draw objections.  It's going to be difficult to balance that if one-line statements of support (or objections) are not considered in a determination of consensus.

Determining consensus in an IETF last call is a bit more complicated than that.   It's not a working group last call.   If someone objects to publication during IETF last call, and their objection has already been discussed and addressed in the working group, the objection in IETF last call doesn't break that consensus.