Re: Liaison Statement From the IESG and IAB to ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 on TISec

    IAB> The Liaison statement can be found here:
    IAB> https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1258/

    IAB> The Internet Society will forward this liaison statement to
    IAB> ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 on their letterhead.  This will carry more
    IAB> weight than a statement just from the IESG and IAB because the
    IAB> Internet Society holds a Class A liaison with SC6 on behalf of
    IAB> the IETF.

Thanks for this heads up.
The ASCII art diagrams in the PDF at:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/liaison-2013-06-06-the-iesg-and-the-iab-isoiec-jtc1-sc6-liaison-from-the-isoc-to-isoiec-jtc1sc6-and-its-national-body-members-in-relation-to-iso-iecjtc1-sc6_n15618-attachment-1.pdf

are regretably formatted with non-constant size spaces, so the diagrams
are perhaps much less useful than they could be.  Perhaps this document
could also be made available in .txt format?

    IAB> The TISec proponents have indicated that they believe that
    IAB> TISec is different than IPsec.  This liaison is a response this
    IAB> statement.  It points out how IPsec supports the same
    IAB> functionality, and it encourages

    IAB> the TISec proponents to engage in the IETF process to specify
    IAB> the use of their national algorithms in IPsec, as has been done
    IAB> for other national algorithms.

I concur strongly with the IAB view, thank you for this.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [