Re: Time in the Air

Wow, that's real science at work...

Sorting by the relevant column (I don't own a private jet):

> LHR  249:44  // London
> FRA  255:22  // Frankfurt
> SFO  282:04  // San Francisco
> FCO  283:04  // Rome
> SVO  287:14  // Moscow
> ATL  297:28  // Atlanta
> BOS  297:38  // Boston
> NRT  314:38  // Tokyo
> TLV  334:22  // Israel
> DXB  344:34  // Dubai
> ANC  345:54  // Anchorage
> HKG  359:22  // Hong Kong
> BLR  448:24  // Bangalore
> GIG  488:32  // Rio de Janeiro
> JNB  498:22  // Johannesburg
> EZE  522:56  // Buenos Aires
> MEL  556:04  // Melbourne
> AKL  569:04  // Auckland

I'll use this list when planning my next relocation :-)

Of course, this doesn't include time-to-airport, so you can immediately discount London.

It's clear that you want to live in or near Frankfurt.

San Francisco, Rome, and Moscow (!) come in as a second cluster.
The fact that both SFO and SVO are in there (and Tokyo, Boston aren't half bad either) shows that we are getting close to properly covering the belt between ~30°N (Taipei @ 25°N) and ~50°N (the Stockholm IETF being the northernmost recent exception, I think).  It gets very thin to the south of that...

Grüße, Carsten