RE: When to adopt a WG I-D

OK, I think Dave and I are going to discuss this.

I see a wedge :-)
The problem is where to stop.

I completely agree that the current I-D does not cover everything and I can see that *some* things can usefully be added.

OTOH, if we don't draw lines, mission creep will lead us, step-by-step, to attempt to document everything about the IETF in one document. I don't want to go there :-)

So I can see this I-D *possibly* becoming a document lifecycle description.

I can also see potential for adding some info to the Tao, but the danger there is that document becomes too big and too detailed to be of use.

Cheers,
Adrian