Re: Last Call: <draft-jabley-dnsext-eui48-eui64-rrtypes-03.txt> (Resource R ecords for EUI-48 and EUI-64 Addresses in the DNS) to Proposed Standard

--On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:25 -0400 Andrew Sullivan
<ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 08:44:08AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
>
>> but i think the draft in question has very serious privacy
>> issues, and would like to focus on that, not characterization
>> of the messengers.
>
> The discussion in the security considerations of the -04 draft
> appears to me to acknowledge there are potential privacy
> issues, and suggests how to avoid them.  What more would you
> ask?

At the risk of saying that differently and partially channeling
Joe, would you care to propose specific text?  The sentences
added in -04 are partially mine. If I had been able to figure
out what else to say that would be stronger, constructive, and
not stray into Applicability Statement territory, I would have,
so I'm out of ideas and it is possible that Joe is too.

    john