Re: financial fun with an IETF Meeting in South America

Hello,

I'd also say that I've never heard anyone making that sort of statement.
For instance, the argentinan government itself has a program to increase
Internet connectivity throughout the country --

 That is the web page of the program that Fernando mentions, http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/  (spanish ) - netbooks with windows and Linux :)  for the kids -

> His view is shared by many, so in the event IETF gets to meet in Buenos
> Aires, if the meeting becomes public, don't be surprised to see some
> coordinated political manifestation.

I live in Argentina too, and people don't make political manifestation about Internet topics. In opposite. In Mendoza (Arg.) we did a lot of events (conferences, hands-on) open to the people (no technical) about IPv6 and they were very interested on it and the concurrence was high (200 people :-))

Argentina is a beautiful place to know :-), have a lot of things to do, and is always full of tourist during all the seasons.

Kind Regards,

Ines Robles.