Re: Issues in wider geographic participation

On 5/26/13 9:52 PM, John Levine wrote:
> I have to say that I don't see one or two meetings in South America
> addressing any of these.

I don't, either.  However,

> Given that the incremental cost to the
> participants, compared to meeting in North America, would likely be on
> the order of a million dollars, it seems to me very likely that there
> are better ways to spend the money.

It also seems unlikely to me that that million dollars is otherwise
available.

I like the idea of setting up a remote participation center (doubly-
so if one or more very experienced IETFers who spoke the local language
could be on-site) but it seems very unlikely to me that, say, a Frobnitz
Networks employee would be able to convinced Frobnitz Networks to send
the $400 saved by not going to Buenos Aires to such an undertaking.

Melinda