Re: IETF Meeting in South America

	I have been lurking IETF for many years, but it was only after I went
to my first meeting that I really understood how the IETF worked and how
to really participate.

	After that meeting I started to send comments, read drafts, writing
some initial stuff and arguing. Before that meeting I didn't know how to
do it, and how good or bad my comments would be received. I think it
might be cultural, but before my first meeting I felt a bit intimidated
by the ietf and being flamed by a bad comment.

	I didn't stop feeling intimidated after the first meeting, it took me a
bit more but definitely it helped me to understand the ietf, its
community and how to participate.

	I wouldn't be surprised if it were many people just like I was, lurking
the email lists but have never sent anything for the same reasons that I
did.

Regards,
as