Re: Deployment of standards compliant nameservers

I believe that there are a couple of problems with this plea…

1) - The IETF has -never- tested for or assured compliance with their document series.
2) - The only DNS test suite I am aware of is the older TAHI test suite from http://www.tahi.org/ - which was focused on IPv6 development and is now closed.
3) - The full DNS standards fail to include the RFC 2026 language that would suggest mandatory capabilities.

So, while a nice idea, it is hardly practical from an IETF (or any top-down) perspective…

/bill