RE: Proposed solution for DPEP (Diversity Problem Entry Point) - IETF April 1 jokes.

RFC 1149 was the first humorous RFC I read and probably the first RFC I read. It was definitely accessible for me as a Layer 1 and 2 IETF outsider. Humorous RFCs can be a nice introduction to the structure of RFCs.

Pat

From: ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx [mailto:ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Melinda Shore
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 1:31 AM
To: Måns Nilsson
Cc: ietf@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Proposed solution for DPEP (Diversity Problem Entry Point) - IETF April 1 jokes.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that this discussion has moved towards some sort of tacit/accepted acknowledgment of the role of joke RFCs as insider/outsider cultural markers rather than just clever bits of writing that are widely enjoyed?  I'm a little surprised to find myself developing sympathy for tiresome humorless whiny people.  (Wait, no I'm not).

Anyway this strikes me as an unfortunate use of those documents.

Melinda