Re: [renum] Gen-art review: draft-ietf-6renum-gap-analysis-05.txt

Just picking a couple of points for further comment:

On 02/04/2013 08:46, Liubing (Leo) wrote:
> Hi, Robert

Robert is right, though, sending people to a long-expired draft is a bad idea.
Of course we have to acknowledge it, but maybe we should pull some of its text
into an Appendix.

Tim Chown, any opinion?

>> RFC4076 seems to say very similar things to this document. Should it
>> have been referenced?
>
> [Bing] RFC4076 is a more specific case of stateless-DHCPv6 [RFC3736], which might not be common usage in enterprise. But sure we can consider reference it.

Yes, and check if it identifies any gaps that we should mention.

Bing: we should also add a reference to RFC 4085 "Embedding Globally-Routable
Internet Addresses Considered Harmful" which I missed for RFC 6866.

>> Section 5.3 punts discussion of static addresses off to RFC 6866. That
>> document was scoped
>> only to Enterprise Networks. The scope of this document is larger.

As Bing said, the *intended* scope is enterprise networks. We should
add that in the Abstract and Introduction. Indeed, many of the points
are more general.

Thanks again Robert!

   Brian