Re: Getting rid of the dot

On 3/19/13 4:19 PM, Carsten Bormann wrote:
> I want my badge on a shiny embossed metal plate with the words
> "protocol police" on it. Where do I have to apply?

If memory serves, HP offered such a badge as Interop "schwag" in the
late '80s.  Another old timer, Erik Fair, actually kept his for a few
years and then wrote a little ditty for RISKS about an email failure due
to mishandling of SMTP.  Protocol police indeed!

Eliot
[1] http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/11.66.html#subj2