Re: [IAB] WCIT slides

On 15 mar 2013, at 19:40, Dale R. Worley <worley@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A common solution to these problems would be for the governments in
> question to provide long-term sponsorships for their citizens to
> attend and participate in the IETF.

...or other organisations...

Key, I think, is to understand:

- ITU is not the only process out there dealing with Internet related issues

- There are very very few, if any, issues not dealt with anywhere

- We can not afford having the same issue dealt with in two places

- Participation must be inclusive in those processes

- In the UN context, IGF is the only such inclusive process today

...and that is something to pass on to *all* governments.

    Patrik