Re: side meetings and BarBOFs.

At 5:58 PM -0400 3/12/13, Carlos M. Martinez wrote:

 I agree that BarBOFs are useful, I just wish they were better
 communicated. If I had learnt about which ones were happening I might
 have joined.

It might be helpful as an addition to lunch and evening xBOFs to carve out or subdivide some meeting slots into small chunks (maybe 30-45 minutes) for various ad-hoc meetings, possibly with meeting room space available on first-come basis. E.g., some of the morning slots could be reduced by 30-45 minutes, or some of the late afternoon slots could end early.

Separately, perhaps as an addition to the agenda, anyone with work to discuss where more than, say, 8 people have expressed interest in participating could send email to be identified on the on-line agenda and a location identified, either during the normal meeting time or outside it. This could help identify what is going on. Of course it also makes the scheduling conflict even more apparent.

--
Randall Gellens
Where you stand depends on where you sit.