Thinking about text production and the "Draft" word processor

I stumbled on a link to a rather interesting "word processor" called Draft:

The main claim to fame here is support for collaborative writing and review with better incremental/history  management than certain other browser-centric document production tools.

It also uses a wiki-like inline markup language for formatting, which it translates to HTML markup for display.

This raises some thoughts:

1) Something like Draft might make a simpler tool for I-D collaboration than github (which I used recently for a large I-D project). An author team could make use of it as-is.

2) Perhaps a wiki-like formatting language could be adapted to I-D writing; it could be made to generate XML2RFC output instead of HTML.

If we had a "Draft" that generated XML2RFC (particularly with a bi-directional transform) and a closely-mated issue tracker, the combination might be very cool.

--
Dean Willis