Re: Diversity of IETF Leadership

    Randall> selection bias.  But, as several people have noted, if we
    Randall> grow the IETF pool
    Randall> as a whole, that helps, and if we remove barriers to
    Randall> serving on I* that helps
    Randall> as well.

I think that finding ways to remove employer support as a limit would
give us the biggest bang towards increasing and diversifying the pool of
candidates.  There are significant risks towards funding ADs directly:
specifically with avoiding a move towards "professional" non-technical
standards people, but if we a source for such funds, I think that we
are smart enough as a community to set up/formalize certain things like
term limits, so that it wouldn't have to be a problem.

--
Michael Richardson
-on the road-