Re: IPR view (Re: Internet Draft Final Submission Cut-Off Today )

I don't think that the cut-off of submission is as a barrier or used in IETF to make late drafts not discussed, if WG Chair accepts a draft to be discussed it is ok even if not submitted as long it does not delay WG work.
IMO, it is a way to encourage people to submit before a certain time, otherwise, we will have no deadline nor milestones,

AB