Re: IETF chair's blog

What about possibly 'open' social networks? I remember Quora intended to
become something like that. What about something the whateverOverflow
sites (StackOverflow, etc). IMO they are some of the best managed
technical 'social' sites out there, they do a great job.

I can easily imagine a IETFOverflow :D

Back to the discussion, I'm also torn here, but I definitely believe
that some FB/Twitter outreach from the IETF itself wouldn't hurt at all.

I do believe that a radical change in the way discussions are conducted
(like moving from the MLs to a say, a Google Hangout or whatever) cannot
be undertaken without some major thinking and pro/con evaluation.

>From the discussion here, it appears that my approach to the cloud and
social is kinda 'middle aged', not so young nor old. I use Google Docs
quite a lot, but keep a local copy of everything in my drive. I use
Dropbox, but also copy everything to an external drive. I use FB, but
wouldn't send a work message through it (and believe me I know people
who do use FB messaging for work)

As our friend 'falsehood911' comments, I do also believe that there is
something to be said for traditions and stances. They got there for a
reason, even if that reason got lost in the mists of time. One should do
well being careful before abandoning / changing them.

Warm philosophical regards,

~Carlos