Re: FW: Last Call: <draft-farrell-ft-03.txt> (A Fast-Track way to RFC with Running Code) to Experimental RFC

Thomas said:

> The crux of the issue is that any attempt at "fast tracking" is
> fundamentally about short-circuiting some aspect of our review
> processes.

Speaking as a Gen-ART reviewer, I am indeed worried by this aspect.
I feel I would have to spend much longer reviewing a draft if I
knew it had not been through WGLC. The fact that a spec is
implementable does not mean it is correct, which is exactly why
we want review by subject matter experts.

I would expect other late reviewers, including ADs, to react the
same way.

I welcome anything that encourages early implementations;
interop challenges are a good way to do that. But in the end,
is the IETF process the right vehicle for this?

Can we start a new tradition of interop challenges?

    Brian