Re: A modest proposal

Hi Brian, Hi Joel,

the point of my mail was not to start a discussion about the examples I provided but to note that the suggested "let's reduce complexity by reducing options" is not as easy as it sounds in practice.

In the context of the document Stephen wrote and the proposal that was made on the list I was wondering whether a bit more analysis about what the problems we are trying to solve would be helpful. As some folks had raised implementing specifications is not a sufficient condition for interoperability, or successful deployment. I personally believe that IETF working groups are a fine job in writing code along with their specification work.

Ciao
Hannes