Re: Discussion of BCP79 on the IPR-WG List

It's not listed under the General area because the working group disbanded
when its RFCs were finished.  IETF working groups do not last forever;
when their work is done, they're shut down.  The last charter is at
https://www.ietf.org/wg/concluded/ipr.html

As for IETF management support -- Rob Austein and I were the original
chairs.  At the time, I was on the IESG and he was on the IAB.  Rob
was succeed as co-chair by Harald Alvestrand, the immediate past chair
of the IETF.  So yes, it did have full support.