Re: Acoustic couplers

I honestly don't remember whether the plugs were the clunky four pin or the then-modern RJ11.  I recall studying RJ11 and RJ45 plugs and sockets at some point and discovering that some plugs and sockets had six wires instead of only four or two.  I never did learn if they had a different number.  The form factor was the same.

This was GTE territory.

Steve