Re: Last Call: <draft-hanes-dispatch-fax-capability-06.txt> (Indicating Fax over IP Capability in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed Standard

Howdy,
I've read the draft and overall it looks good.

Some minor comments:
The examples in section 5 of the draft repeatedly show a Via header as follows:
Via: SIP/2.0/TCP bob-TP@xxxxxxxxxxx;branch=z9hG4bK309475a2
This is not a legal Via header format, since the sent-by field cannot contain a '@'.  It's meant to be a host or host:port, not a user@host... and more likely a host:port since this is TCP for this example.

Also, the examples show a Contact URI host of the domain in the REGISTER request, the same as the target request-URI.  While not technically illegal I guess, it's extremely unusual - the purpose of a REGISTER is to register the Contact URI as the reachable target for the Address of Record, and thus the Contact URI should indicate the specific host registering.  I suggest changing it to:
Contact: <sip:bob-tp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;transport=tcp>;+sip.fax="t38"

Lastly, the example INVITE at the end of section 5 is malformed, both because it's missing mandatory headers, and because the From header has no tag param.

-hadriel