Re: Last Call: <draft-bonica-special-purpose-03.txt> (Special-Purpose Address Registries) to Best Current Practice

Hi Ron,

I'm pleased to see the addition of this column and the recognition of this distinction between reservations in the protocol's address plan and special purpose assignments being made . This is a useful step forward.

Personally, I think that the two sets of addresses belong in different registries, but I'm willing to recognise this as a matter of personal taste and not a fundamental objection to the further progress of the document per se (i.e. for me its more of a matter of registry management style - I would advocate the protocol's address plan should be recorded in a single registry, and special purpose assignments recorded in a special purpose assignment registry)

So: "solved?" For me, it's a 51% solution: solved, but could do better :-)

cheers,

   Geoff

--

Geoff Huston