Re: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-json-pointer-07.txt> (JSON Pointer) to Proposed Standard

JSON Pointer does not distinguish between objects and arrays. That is not determined until the pointer is applied to an actual object instance... the pointer "/1" is valid against {"1":"a"} or ["a","b"]