Re: Running code, take 2

Hi Yaron,

Reading through this draft, I note that you're suggesting inclusion of information about the type of implementation license (open source, proprietary, etc.).  While that may be useful, I'd be more interested in knowing whether the implementation represents an exercise of any licenses required by IPR disclosures for the relevant draft.  Since there are implementations (even open source implementations) that might be submitted by the same organization holding the IPR, this is not something you can automatically infer.  There are also, of course, cases where an implementor does not agree that an IPR statement's claim of coverage is correct.

Before we eliminated the requirements for demonstrating two interoperable implementations at Draft, one piece of that requirement was that the two being used represent different exercises of any license.  If we are going to start tracking implementations, it might be useful to get that data back.

regards,

Ted Hardie