Re: Idea for a process experiment to reward running code...

Hi Hector,

On 12/02/2012 12:47 AM, Hector Santos wrote:
> This proposal sounds interesting but couldn't it run into conflicts when
> there are competition in running code?   Who's running code do you fast
> track?  How does it apply in the protocol updates area, i.e. BIS work?

Good point. I clarified that its just drafts heading to PS and
-bis drafts are just fine. (Might actually be well-suited for those,
and I'd not thought about that.)

> This proposal and thread, similar to the recent others, all seem to be
> looking for endorsing methods for lack of a better term, "rubber
> stamping" and fast tracking work items, in particular when there are WG
> related barriers holding back the WG work item(s) production progress.

Well, I'm after something where fast-track != rubber-stamp, but I
do agree that that's a hard balance to achieve. I'm not claiming that
this draft does achieve that balance, but such a balance is a goal.

Cheers,
S.