Re: [lisp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-03.txt> (LISP EID Block) to Informational RFC

On 15/11/2012 22:41, Sander Steffann wrote:
>>> b) as a user of that EID space I would be at the mercy of
>>> PITR operators that I don't even know
>> You are at the mercy of a lot of infrastructure components
>> today. This is no different.
>
> Yes it is. *please*please*please* study what happened to 6to4
> and the 2002::/16 prefix before continuing this discussion.

The problem there was that the design of 6to4 assumed, and
relied on, altruistic cooperation between operators, to ensure
that there was a useable route to 2002::/16 *everywhere* in the
IPv6 network. That assumption was naive and led to black holes.

My main concern with LISP deployment is whether there will be
a useable route to EID space *everywhere* in the (non-LISP)
network. If that also relies on altruism, I would share Sander's
concern.

     Brian